Treatment for Diabetes with Miami’s leading Endocrinologists
The experienced team of Endocrinologists at Premium Healthcare Center of Miami can help you manage Diabetes and other metabolic conditions.
The medical care team of Premium Healthcare Miami understands that each individual’s experience with diabetes is different and will provide a treatment that is case specific to your condition.
There are three types of diabetes:
• Type 1
The pancreas does not produce any or very little insulin.
• Type 2
The pancreas produces insulin but it is either not sufficient, or the body does not absorb it properly.
Can develop in pregnant women who do not have diabetes. This type of diabetes usually disappears after birth.
Symptoms of diabetes include:
• Increased thirst
• Frequent urination
• Sudden weight loss
Facts About Diabetes
• Diabetes is a metabolic disorder caused by inadequate production of insulin.
• Type 1 diabetes is a chronic condition and has no cure, but insulin medication and proper monitoring and nutrition can maintain blood sugar at normal levels.
• Type 2 diabetes is the most common type of diabetes and usually surfaces in middle-aged or older adults.
• Risk factors for Type 2 diabetes include obesity and a sedentary lifestyle.
• If not kept under control diabetes can contribute to cardiovascular complications.
• Type 2 diabetes can go into remission with a proper diet and exercise.
The in-house doctors at the Premium Healthcare Miami center provide a team approach for the care of diabetes that includes self-care education, management, and support services personalized specifically for you. We monitor and help you control your blood sugar with the diabetes treatment and care you need, all within our premises.
Our team of Endocrinologists, nutritionists, and support staff of Premium Healthcare are specialists in the management of metabolic diseases and provide effective solutions for controlling diabetes. To learn more about preventing or managing Diabetes please schedule an appointment or call us now at (305) 265-4441.
News And Events
Stay up-to-date on the latest news and events in our community.